CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Lady Brainsample Returns!!

So, I realize I haven't blogged in over a month...not for lack of wanting to, though. So for this randomish blog post, I will discuss some random things.
~
First, My Fair Lady has been going extremely well. The set changes have been going smoother, the music sounding great, and my hat hasn't fallen off during a show as of yet. The crowds have grown significantly, but we haven't had a full house yet. Oh well, we still have two shows left.
~
I have REALLY enjoyed the Ender's Game series by Orson Scott Card. I'm in the middle of Xenocide right now, and I'll be rather sad when I finish Children of the Mind because it'll mean I need to get ahold of some new audiobooks. If I had to choose, I'd say my favorites so far are Ender's Game, Shadow Puppets, Ender in Exile, and Speaker for the Dead.
~
And so this post is not completely lame, I will leave y'all with some favorite quotes:

"The person, be it gentleman or lady, who has not pleasure in a good novel, must be intolerably stupid." -Jane Austen

"If we couldn't laugh, we would all go insane." -Robert Frost

"The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it." -Terry Pratchett

3 musings:

Madeline said...

I love the quote by Terry Pratchett :)

Q said...

I love Ender's Game so much. Orson Scott Card is a genius.

And that Terry Pratchet quote is so true, and is the reason I'm closed-minded.

PiningForTheFjords said...

I do love the last quote, and also, thanks for daily preventing my going insane.