CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 1, 2010

Dream Roles/Other Theater Stuff

Stolen from the lovely Aria of an Amateur:

Dream Roles I Could Play (conceivably)
Jane from the Jane Eyre musical
the Lady of the Lake from Spamalot
Essie from You Can't Take it With You
Lucy from Jekyll and Hyde
Fantine from Les Miserables
Mrs. Lovett from Sweeney Todd (I'm not sure whether this goes on the list under this because I'm not old enough for Mrs. Lovett, but I'll leave her here for now)
There are more than that, but those are the main ones.

Dream Roles I'm Not Right for but I'd Love to Play
Christine/Carlotta from Phantom of the Opera
Eponine from Les Mis

Dream Roles I've Played
Miss Hannigan in Annie
(there's only one because I'm counting a "dream role" as a part I've wanted to play before I knew of a production somewhere I could audition for. If that makes sense.)

And I'm adding a new category:
Roles I've Played that Became Dream Roles
Helen Smith from Reserve Two for Murder
Myrtle Mae Simmons from Harvey
Alexander from Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day

In other theater news, Harvey is over, (*sigh*) but I am on the play selection committee for the next season and might also possibly get to assistant direct something.

Does anyone know anything about the Crucible (Arthur Miller) or Picnic (William Inge, I think)? And does anyone have opinions on a Streetcar Named Desire?

4 musings:

Kendra Logan said...

Oh my gosh!!! We just finished "Harvey" in my class, and we're starting "The Crucible"! I looooved Harvey. Ellwood is a new favorite character of mine. "The Crucible" is good so far, too. Definitely very intense, though.

Tricia Keierleber said...

You were an AMAZING HANNIGAN!

My dream roles that I could/maybe couldn't pull off:

Sandy from Grease
Galinda from Wicked
Any princess: Cinderella, Belle, or Sleeping Beauty

(yes I type cast myself. I was typecast in plays before, and I am ok with it). :)

Q said...

The Crucible is excellent, but it infuriates me. I think that's also a good thing.

I know nothing about A Streetcar Named Desire except that I've always thought it had a good name.

PiningForTheFjords said...

Dream role I've had: The Famous Producer

Dream role for the future: a warm, space-filling body who perhaps sings and dances but has no lines and blends into a crowd