CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Music That Currently Makes Me Happy (Part 2)-Rebellious and/or Irish Sounding Songs

Insomnia strikes again, so here we go with Part 2!!

First, the main theme from Firefly. I could listen to this song over and over and over without getting sick of it.

"Take my love, take my land. Take me where I cannot stand.
I don't care; I'm still free. You can't take the sky from me.
Take me out to the black. Tell them I ain't coming back.
Burn the land and boil the sea. You can't take the sky from me."




Next, Bonnie Blue Flag. This is the 2nd South Carolina String Band performing in the movie Gods and Generals.



Finally, A Prayer for Me In Silence by Flogging Molly. I wish this song was LONGER because it's so awesome. And I couldn't find a version of them actually performing it, just the audio.

4 musings:

Q said...

The music from Aida. Yes.

Lady Brainsample said...

See, I haven't been able to get into Aida music. (I assume you mean the Tim Rice et al version that Disney produced, correct?) Other than My Strongest Suit, none of the songs really stuck in my mind or were memorable for me. I dunno...I'd probably like it better if I actually saw it performed. :)

Q said...

I am a fan of the close belted harmonies in, say, A Step Too Far.

PiningForTheFjords said...

Hurrah! Hurrah!...