CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Doom and Gloom is the Key Phrase Around Here

I really don't know what to say.

.
..
I have nothing to say, and yet everything to say.
...
....
Our country is doomed.
.....
......
I need a cup of tea. Or some chocolate. Reality has hit. Obama is our next president.
......
.......
I miss Ronald Reagan.


"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction."
~
"A troubled and afflicted mankind looks to us, pleading for us to keep our rendezvous with destiny; that we will uphold the principles of self-reliance, self-discipline, morality, and, above all, responsible liberty for every individual that we will become that shining city on a hill."
~
"With regard to the freedom of the individual for choice with regard to abortion, there's one individual who's not being considered at all. That's the one who is being aborted. And I've noticed that everybody that is for abortion has already been born."
~
"Government is not the solution to our problem. Government is the problem."
~
"If a tax hike makes it to my desk, I'll veto it in less time than it takes Vanna White to turn the letters V-E-T-O!"
~
"The ten most dangerous words in the English language are 'Hi, I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.'"
~
"I hope we once again have reminded people that man is not free unless government is limited. There's a clear cause and effect here that is as neat and predictable as a law of physics: As government expands, liberty contracts."
~Ronald Reagan

7 musings:

Princess Jasmine Geo said...

This is a day that you would be glad not to go to public school.
Everyone was wearing Obama signs, and as I went to my first class, one boy sat and said "Obama" Everytime a person came in. Oi. I'm going to go eat something.... where are those cookies.
BTW, You now have twice as many cats as we do.

Tricia Keierleber said...

PJG has a point. I was SO thankful that the only people I saw today were at Bible Study. If I were in college still I would have taken a sick day for sure! Check my blog... Elvie gave a great verse this morning that is very fitting!

PiningForTheFjords said...

I really miss Ronnie.

The "City on a Hill" is over. Now we're a "village in a cesspool".

Q said...

Seriously. Let's get someone like Reagan back.

Countess Madeline said...

When my parents told me that Obama won, I just looked at them blankly for a few seconds and then said, "What do we do now?"
Dad replied, "Stock-up on ammo while you can."

Lady Brainsample said...

Princess: AHHH!!! The misery!! America's youth are wasting away!

Princess again: I know!!! You should see them playing.

Tricia: Dude...totally. Being homeschooled has great benefits.

piningforthefjords: I suppose you mean that in the connotative sense? :)

Q: Thanks for commenting! Yeah, if only somebody like Reagan would run... and win.

Countess: Totally. It's time to start building that barbed wire fence too.

PiningForTheFjords said...

I suppose it could be denotative.