CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Inkdeath


Inkdeath.... That widely anticipated sequel to a sequel. I have a variety of thoughts on it.
First off, the whole first half drove me insasne! All people were doing was sitting around in angst fretting over what to do and how do it. Either that, or they were sitting in angst trying to persuade others what to do and how to do it. Take for example Meggie. I liked Meggie in the other books. Now she's hit the moody teenager phase and doesn't want Mo to do anything. If my dad had to take a particularly dangerous police assignment, I would worry. I would pray. But I wouldn't try to convince him to not do it. I wouldn't just sit there in boring angst* brooding over it. It seems to me Meggie doesn't do anything useful the whole book except read a couple times for Fenoglio.
Now that the annoying part is over, the good.
As soon as people started moving and Mo agreed to summon the White Women, I started getting into it. That whole scene with the White Women surrounding them was incredible. I could see it clearly in my mind's eye.
Death demands that Mo write the words in the Adderhead's book.
The plot thickens.
And with that, Tasha Brainsample decided she rather liked the book after all but had to change her favorite character from Dustfinger to Violante. Either that or they're tied. Tasha's not sure yet.
Now she moves on to....she thinks City of Ember. She knows she needs to get on with reading her borrowed books from Erustan.**


*I love angst. Well-done angst that is. But I found Meggie's to be annoying.
**Thank you, mellon nin!!!

5 musings:

PiningForTheFjords said...

Back to my Tom Clancy...

Edge said...

And 'angst' is such a good word, too.

Lady Brainsample said...

piningforthefjords: I'm getting a feeling of deja vu...

Edge: I know! Pity she didn't pull it off completely in Inkdeath.

Princess Jasmine Geo said...

I honestly didn't like inkheart. I got bored. So we're even. You don't like twilight (which I think is the BEST book in the world), and I don't like inkheart (which you think is one of the best books in the world.

Lady Brainsample said...

Hey, I said I liked it. Not that it was one of the best books in the world. So...technically, we're not even. ;)