CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, January 4, 2009

A Meme About Books (big shocker there!)

Well, as anyone who reads my blog has probably noticed, I've been out of (blog)town for awhile. To kick in the New Year (a little late....) here's a book meme!

Science Fiction, Fantasy or Horror? Hmm.....I like all three to an extent, but if I had to choose, it'd have to be fantasy. I don't like not being able to sleep because of fear (that's why I hardly read Poe at night though I love his stuff), and with almost every single sci-fi book I've read, they've slapped me with alot of information about stupid futuristic technologies that didn't make sense.

Hardback or Trade Paperback or Mass Market Paperback? I don't really care. As long as it's readable.

Amazon or Brick and Mortar? I do not know what Brick and Mortar is, so I'll have to go with Amazon.

Barnes & Noble or Borders? I'm a teenager without a job, so I go with Half-Price Bookstore.

Hitchhiker or Discworld? *sticks out virtual thumb*

Bookmark or Dogear? Bookmark..

Asimov’s Science Fiction or Fantasy & Science Fiction? Ummmm......I'm not sure what the question is.

Alphabetize by author, Alphabetize by title, or random? Well, I actually do *cough* have an inventory file, so first I categorize by genre, then by author.

Keep, Throw Away or Sell? Keep. Unless I didn't like the book, then I donate it to the library.

Keep dust-jacket or toss it? Keep it.

Read with dustjacket or remove it? Depends....if the dustjacket annoys me, I take it off.

Short story or novel? I'd have to say novel.

Stop reading when tired or at chapter breaks? I try to stop at chapter breaks, but it doesn't usually work that way...

“It was a dark and stormy night” or “Once upon a time?” Both.

Buy or Borrow? *cough* Um, both? I borrowed the Book Thief from a friend, but then went out and bought my own copy.

Buying choice: Book Reviews, Recommendation or Browse? I do all three.

Lewis or Tolkien? NO! You can't make me choose!!!!

Collection (short stories by the same author) or Anthology (short stories by different authors)? Collection.

Tidy ending or Cliffhanger? Cliffhangers, even though they keep me up late.

Morning reading, Afternoon reading or Nighttime reading? Depends on the book.

Standalone or Series? I tend to like series.

New or used? Used books have character.

Favorite book of which nobody else has heard? Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH by Robert C. O'Brien or Chosen, by Ginger Garret.

Top 5 favorite genre books of all time? I'm not sure I understand the question.

Favorite genre series? I don't understand this one either....

Currently Reading? Ohhh various.....*exasperated sound*

I tag: anyone who wants to fill this one out.

EDIT: As one proof that I did something other than play backgammon this past Christmas vacation, here is A Film About Amnesia. I warn you, it is very, very silly.

7 musings:

Princess Jasmine Geo said...

Honestly- I think I did horribible
There was also a lot of noise in the back ground. So yeah. We did good though.

Tricia Keierleber said...

ummm, backgammon is my favorite game ever! we need to play! :)

Lady Brainsample said...

Jasmine: You were NOT horrible. Don't say such a thing. And I tried to run the noise reduction filter, but then the lines sounded awkward, so I didn't bother.

Tricia: Yes! We do need to play.

Countess Madeline said...

I love this film! It's the best you've done by far. I showed it to my family and we all enjoyed it.

PiningForTheFjords said...

I think by Amazon or Brick & Mortar, it means do you you like to get your books over the internet or in an actual store.

Princess Jasmine Geo was awesome, but that famous director...what a performance!

Lady Brainsample said...

Countess: You think so?? Wow...then maybe we should plan to do more humorous type material.

PftF: OHHHHHH!!!!!!! I get it now. Gee, I'm dense sometimes. Then...either way. I do both. Good grief....

Countess Madeline said...

Perhaps you should make a series of comedies about Walter, Courtney, and Jessie.
I thought that the famous producer was the best!