CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, July 19, 2008

LOST in the desert....

Ok, so fellow Losties, we can't wait for January, yes? (Six months to go....) Because I'm feeling the angst and I'm hard up for ideas for blog posts, I am going to write about my favorite Lost characters and why I love them.

1. Charlie Hieronymous Pace
Ok, so maybe I was predisposed to like him because he's played by Merry's Dominic Monaghan from LotR, but so what. Charlie is an amazing character because there's so much redemption and renewal in him that takes place on the Island. He comes to the Island a drug addict, but through the help of John Locke, he struggles against it like the Moth in the chrysalis. And at the end of season three, he sacrificed himself in order to see Desmond's vision through of Claire and Aaron on a helicopter...which came true half way since I think Claire's technically dead. (see my post on Cabin Fever in May)

2. Desmond David Hume
Being stuck in the Swan station for all that time could drive anyone mad, but only Desmond could be driven mad then come back and be a perfectly normal Scotsman. Well, perfectly normal time-traveling, future-seeing Scotsman. Though, since he found his Constant, he should be normal now. I also love how they used the Greek Penelope myth to make Penny's character. For those who don't know, Penelope was Odysseus's wife, and she waited faithfully for him for twenty years.

3. James "Sawyer" Ford
Sawyer's another one of those characters who experiences great growth on the Island. Think about it; when we first met him, all we saw was a confidence man who didn't give a dingo's kidney for anything, much less loved anyone. Yet by the end of season four, he's done some selfless things for others. He braved the attack on New Otherton to save Claire; he jumped out of a helicopter to prevent it from going down. Another thing that makes Sawyer stick out for me is his love of reading. Any man who would sit on a beach and read A Wrinkle In Time has my respect.

4. John Locke
The Great White Hunter.....Locke has always had a coolness factor that's hard to beat. No matter what, he's just....cool! As soon as he arrived, he was healed and knew that he was supposed to be on the Island. Even though he had had so many traumatic things happen to him, he was the man of faith ready to do what the Island wanted him to.

5. Benjamin Linus
The man who always has a plan.....Ben is so smart and crafty, one can barely keep up with him, so I won't even try. I do find it very disturbing that he can't return to the Island...

Honorable Mentions:
Sayid Jarrah (the Jason Bourne of Lost)
Hugo "Hurley" Reyes
Alex Rousseau
Karl Unknown

What are y'all's favorite characters? Losties, I know there are more of you than just Mom and Dad. Please leave comments!!!!
PS An important announcement: I got a good grade on my AP World History test!!! YES!!!!!!!!

2 musings:

PiningForTheFjords said...

My favorites are Locke, Sawyer, and Desmond, as I think you already know. And if I haven't said it before, Jesus is my Constant.

PiningForTheFjords said...

Also, I forgot Ben. And also, congrats regarding your Histoy AP score. We are exceedingly proud of you. As usual, you surpass all expectations. You will restore honor to the ship and bring glory to the empire.