CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, December 13, 2008

The Rose


The lily has a smooth stalk,
Will never hurt your hand;
But the rose upon her brier
Is lady of the land.

There's sweetness in an apple tree,
And profit in the corn;
But lady of all beauty
Is a rose upon a thorn.

When with moss and honey
She tips her bending brier,
And half unfolds her glowing heart,
She sets the world on fire.
~by Christina Rossetti

I LOVE Christina Rossetti's poetry...... Anyway..... As most of you have probably noticed by now, I broke down and got myself a new layout, header, etcetera. You may ask, why a black rose? Well, (A I love roses. Especially dark ones. I used to not think roses are that great, but especially since becoming a (happy!) goth and seeing Phantom of the Opera I've started to love them. (B I wanted to see if I could photo manipulate a red rose into a black rose, and I did. Yay!!

6 musings:

Princess Jasmine Geo said...

I love you and your gothyness. So is that using PICNIK?

Rok on PPLZ!!! BOOMIN!

Tricia Keierleber said...

love the new layout, etc! :)

PiningForTheFjords said...

You should really ask Grandpa if you can use some of his poetry on your blog.

Lady Brainsample said...

Jas: Yesss... It took me awhile to figure it out, but Picnik got the job done.

Tricia: Thanks!

Piningforthefjords: I'll file THAT away.

Countess Madeline said...

I like the "happy goth" thing.

Lady Brainsample said...

Countess: Happy goth: It seems like an oxymoron, but it isn't.