CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, December 1, 2008

Vertigo


Oh....my.....goodness.....

This movie is amazing...

I agree with Dad when he said, "I see why Shyamalan was influenced by Hitchcock...they each take their time to set things up." And they do. For a long while you think the story is about something, but then he switches the focus entirely. And what an ending!

What I found fascinating was Hitchcock's use of the camera for Scottie's sense of vertigo. He was able to make an object in the distance stay still, but all the surroundings seemed to move. I did some research, and found out he did that by zooming in while moving out with the camera. Or the backwards way... I forget.
There is much more I could say about this movie, but I won't because I don't want to give anything away. See this movie! It's a classic, and rightly so.

3 musings:

PiningForTheFjords said...

Now you need to see North by Northwest, Strangers on a Train, and Rope.

Tricia Keierleber said...

I'll have to see it cause I ♥ Jimmy Stewart!

Lady Brainsample said...

piningforthefjords: I have NbNW from the library...need to get on to watching it...

Tricia: Yeah, he was really good in this movie.