CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, May 5, 2008

BOG on the blog

For anyone reading my blog who doesn't read Tricia or Caryn's blogs, BOG is Brag on God, and I have a great one tonight.
About a week ago, my spiritual motivation was extremely low. I hadn't been reading my Bible or praying all that much, so I asked my youth pastor and a friend to pray for me.
A week later on Saturday, I felt so motivated. I read my Bible alot that day, and then yesterday at church, Bryan's message was meant for me, the songs Pastor Berry chose for me were meant for me (they were some of my favorites, yay!) and Pastor Burkart's sermon was meant for me.
But that's only the first part. Pastor gave us the impact cards, so I put two people there. One I had no idea if she was a Christian or not, the other I was pretty sure he was a Christian, but I wasn't positive.
Well, tonight I was at acting class talking with this particular person and a couple of my other friends, and we got into a whole theological discussion about Creation, evolution, and the like. I asked each of the friends if they were a Christian, and they all were. I was so happy because it had been an answer to prayer about whether my friend was a Christian or not.
And just to close, I'd like to put Colossians 3:17:

Whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to God the Father.

2 musings:

Tricia Keierleber said...

Praise God Esther! I am so proud of you too! We need to be bold for Christ... I was in Power Up, but I believe Pastor Brent spoke about something like that, right? Keep it up! Love, Tricia

PiningForTheFjords said...

God has a wonderful plan for your life. I'm really proud of your bold faith. You are a blessing to me every day.