CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, September 15, 2008

Things have been Entirely Too Serious Around Here Lately.....

So, I'll go ahead with my review of Three Men in a Boat! This is an excellent book. Jerome K. Jerome writes somewhat in the style of Douglas Adams in the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, but instead of aliens and spaceships, you have three men on a boat going down the river in what seems to be the most horribly gone wrong holiday ever.
I was ready to read this book. Everyone in my family has read it, so they would talk about the different stories in it. Unfortunately, we didn't have a good copy. Mom had a copy, but it was so old and delicate, she wouldn't let me read it! But finally she found a new copy and I was free to read it as I wished.
What else can I say about this book? The stories are hilarious. I especially love the story of J. looking in a book and finding out he had EVERY malady known to man except housemaid's knee. That and the swans attacking Harris.
Final word: read this book. You will enjoy it immensely.

1 musings:

PiningForTheFjords said...

Some of my favorite parts:
The comic song, what they want to do to those who post notice boards, the stinky cheese, tow lines...