CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, September 4, 2008

If Only I Could Vote

Only a few more years.....gotta keep telling myself that. This election is getting exciting. I love Sarah Palin! On all of the litmus test issues, she scores with flying colors. Plus, we now have the "politically correct" advantage of having a woman on the ticket. Beat that Biden.

Here's my blow by blow:
1. Palin is a member of the NRA

2. Palin supports a ban on abortion and advocates teaching creationism along with evolution

3. Palin is a Christian.

4. Liberal media: "Palin doesn't have enough experience." Pah! She's run a state for almost two years, Obama's run.......nothing. He was a senator. So don't go pointing fingers at us!

5. Liberal media: "What about Palin firing an official who refused to fire her sister's ex-husband??" Did anyone tell you that her sister's ex-husband was abusive! He was abusive, AND shot a stun gun at their child! Did any of those liberal tabloids tell you that??

6. Liberal media: "What about her husbands DUI?" People that was over twenty years ago...I like what Glenn Beck said: "The DUI arrest, by the way, happened at the same time that Barry Obama, otherwise known as Barack Obama, was snorting cocaine. I just wanted to point that out."

7. Liberal media: "She has a down-syndrome baby...how can she possibly manage her responsibilities as a mother AND vice president?" I'd like to ask what happened to the idea of the super-mom? Are you saying she has (to quote Glenn Beck) "To be barefoot at home with the kids?"

8. Liberal media: "What about her daughter's pregnancy?" If it were up to Obama, that baby would be killed. He's the one who said if the same thing happened to his daughters, "I don't want them punished with a baby." Palin's daughter is doing the responsible thing by keeping the baby.

I hope you see why I'm excited about Sarah Palin and I hope y'all are excited too.
To close, here is something I've posted before by Glenn Beck. I am PROUD to be an conservative! I will not apologize for my beliefs.

"A conservative believes that our inalienable rights do not include housing, healthcare or Hummers.
A conservative believes that our inalienable rights DO include the pursuit of happiness. That means it is guaranteed to no one.
A conservative believes that those who pursue happiness and find it have a right to not be penalized for that success.
A conservative believes that there are no protections against the hardship and heartache of failure. We believe that the right to fail is just as important as the chance to succeed and that those who do fail learn essential lessons that will help them the next time around.
A conservative believes in personal responsibility and accepts the consequences for his or her words and actions.
A conservative believes that real compassion can't be found in any government program.
A conservative believes that each of us has a duty to take care of our neighbors. It was private individuals, companies and congregations that sent water, blankets and supplies to New Orleans far before the government ever set foot there.
A conservative believes that family is the cornerstone of our society and that people have a right to manage their family any way they see fit, so long as it's not criminal. We are far more attuned to our family's needs than some faceless, soulless government program.
A conservative believes that people have a right to worship the God of their understanding. We also believe that people do not have the right to jam their version of God (or no God) down anybody else's throat.
A conservative believes that people go to the movies to be entertained and to church to be preached to, not the other way around.
A conservative believes that debt creates unhealthy relationships. Everyone, from the government on down, should live within their means and strive for financial independence.
A conservative believes that a child's education is the responsibility of the parents, not the government.
A conservative believes that every human being has a right to life, from conception to death.
A conservative believes in the smallest government you can get without anarchy. We know our history: The larger a government gets, the harder it will fall." -Glenn Beck

3 musings:

PiningForTheFjords said...

I am so proud of you. You are one-in-a-thousand teenager.

Tricia Keierleber said...

Don't get me started on the media!!! I want to vomit and punch some of them in the face! Hey, I am going to volunteer on the campaign in Ft Bend. I am still trying to get it all figured out. Want to join me? When I was 18 I helped get GW elected too, and I am very proud to say that! :)

#6 people are saying not just about her baby, but also the fact that she is mom of 5... how can she do both. UM well presidents throughout history have had children and are fine! I think Mr. Palin would be fine at raising the kids! Sexist much? ;)

oh, her oldest son leaves for Iraq on 9/11/08, and hubs is a blue collar man. AND before she took the post as Gov, she served 6 YEARS as mayor of her city in Alaska! Yeah, she is so unqualified... NOT!!! :)

♥ u!

PiningForTheFjords said...

I had a voicemail from the FBGOP yesterday that they need volunteers to walk neighborhoods tomorrow. Let me know if you're interested. We'll be driving back from Lake Travis.