CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, September 13, 2008

We Survived!

For those of you frantically checking my blog every ten minutes to see if we're alive........I wish......for those of you checking the blog because you just happen to be here, we survived! I'm exhausted because I was up most of the night, but, miraculously, we have power AND internet while thousands of others don't. Now, the power did go down for a few hours this afternoon, but it is now back.

Our trouble consists in our fallen trees. Our relatively big oak is half down. Grandpa has many hackberries that are down or almost down. Grandpa was actually up at four in the morning cutting tree branches to keep them from falling onto power lines.
I will return later for more updates.

2 musings:

Anonymous said...

Ooh, good. I couldn't get through to your cell phone, so I wasn't sure what the story was.

Heard from Madeline, she's fine, as far as I can tell. Now, to try to contact other people. Hurricanes ARE stressful! :P

PiningForTheFjords said...

We were spared...this time. We need to keep praying for those were not. The number of people who lost everything is staggering.