CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Around the World in 80 Days

To clarify, this is NOT the version with Jackie Chan. This is the version with Pierce Brosnan as Phileus Fogg. Technically it's not even a movie; it's a tv miniseries. That's probably why it was so good. First announcement: I have not yet read the book. Yes, yes, you may now recover. I have the book at home and intend to read it, but I went into the movie with no idea what it was about other than the title.
I really enjoyed this movie. The acting was excellent and had many famous people appearing. Eric Idle was Passapartout, Fogg's servant, and he was hilarious. As usual. Other people appearing included Christopher Lee, Peter Ustinov, and Roddy McDowell.
My favorite part would have to be when Fogg meets up with "James Jesse."
I love how in the movie Fogg just kept going. No matter what. No matter how late, how messed up, how crazy things got, he just kept going. He was going to go around the world in eighty days and nothing was going to stop him.
Final warning, you cannot watch this movie all at once unless you have four and a half hours to spare.

Classic movies reviewed: 3/50

1 musings:

PiningForTheFjords said...

This was a great movie. I, however, have also not read the book, so you'll have to let us know how it compares.