CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Raiders of the Lost Ark/100th Post!


This is a great movie. I'm currently watching it, and I love it.

First, I love Harrison Ford. Ever since the beginning of my geekdom (first time seeing Star Wars) I've loved him. Secondly, this is a classic adventure movie. It starts off with a bang and keeps it up the whole movie with intrigue, adventure, and action. John Williams composed an excellent score for it, even though Marion's Theme sounds an awful lot like Leia's Theme. Oh well. Composers can plagarize themselves. That's called style.
One con to this movie is the inaccuracy. It speaks of the Ark of the Covenant striking down mountains and things in the Bible, but the Bible tells of no such event. The Bible does mention an instance of a man dying because of touching the ark, but nowhere does is tell of the quite interesting things claimed by the movie.
I love the character of Indiana Jones. He's a hero, but he's a human hero. When he's punched, he'll react in pain unlike the cheap hollywood perfect men. I don't know why, but that's always made Indy more lovable in my eyes. I also love the teamwork of Indy and Marion, especially during the Cairo scene. Yelling "Duck!" is always fun.
Favorite quotes: "I hate snakes, Jock. I HATE 'EM!" -Indy
"Snakes. Why'd it have to be snakes." -Indy
Classic movies reviewed: 5/50
In other news, this is my 100th post! Huzzah!

1 musings:

PiningForTheFjords said...

My favorite scene is when he pulls out his gun on the crazy ninja guy.