CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, August 14, 2008

At first I only saw this movie to see Jack.....

I honestly didn't expect much from the movie Vantage Point...I expected it to be a regular B-grade thriller, maybe with some good acting from Matthew Fox (referred to as Jack) and Dennis Quaid (the dad in Parent Trap) but beyond that, I thought it wouldn't catch my interest. I was dead wrong.
Just to get them out of the way, the movie has some cons.....bad language is one. But the other had to do with the music. Not that I didn't like it; on the contrary. But I am a Bourne fan before I am a Vantage Point fan, so it seemed to me that some of the music was copy and pasted from the Bourne movies. The final con was that the story seemed to end too quickly. They could have tied up the loose ends in a little more drawn out fashion.
The movie follows an assasination attempt on the president during at a world summit in Spain, but from different points of view. I have to say that the first point of view is misleading (in amusement value), but that's probably because Sigourney Weaver doesn't impress me as an actress that much. (I'll give her the Village, but that's about it) Once it started jumping around to different points of view, it REALLY started going. About every five minutes, Princess Geo, Mom or I would mutter, "I'm so confused...." but then to balance that out, we'd also yell, "DUDE!!!" or "NO WAY!!!!" or "THAT'S WHY SUCH AND SUCH DID THIS OR THAT!!!!!"
Overall, this was a very good movie, and I'll probably rate it 4 out of 5 on Netflix.

2 musings:

Erin said...

I loved this movie.

PiningForTheFjords said...

This was a great movie - especially fun to watch with a couple of silly teen-age girls.