CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, August 2, 2008

Interesting Voices and Accents!

Ok, I stole this from Miss Erin's blog, and I thought it was amazing. Unfortunately, I'm having issues with embedding a youtube video properly, so here it is, 21 Accents!

For someone who doesn't have the knack for it, learning accents is HARD. I got a cd to learn a standard British accent, and it hasn't been easy at all. I'm probably just too southern to sound refined, ha ha.


Isn't it amazing what people can do with their voices??? Consider such cartoon star voices such as Jess Harnell. He is most notably known (in this family) for Wakko Warner on Animaniacs, but he's been voices in SOOOO many notable movies it's absurd! Also, he was the voice of Wooten on Adventures in Odyssey. If you listen to his interview on the Adventures in Odyssey podcast, you'll hear him do the voices of each of the Beatles which was fascinating. (by the way, I do NOT love the Beatles, just to clear that up. I know just enough about them to laugh at the parody of them on Pinky and the Brain)
Then consider Joaquin Phoenix....he sounded almost exactly like Johnny Cash in Walk the Line it was scary...yet in the Village or Signs he sounds completely different.

4 musings:

Tricia Keierleber said...

i CANNOT do accents if my life depended on it, (or impersonations for that matter)! in one of my acting/modeling classes back in the day i told this to the coach, and so later he made me do a reading in a british accent. ok, i CANT DO IT! GEEZE! Come on, at the small chance i was to make it big, i just wouldnt be able to do roles like that... why couldnt he get over that! ha!

great job today! o and i love our pic!

Erin said...

I LOVE Joaquin Phoenix. Great actor.

And thank you so much for your comment on my blog. :)

PiningForTheFjords said...

Others who can do accents:
Brad Pitt (lousy person, great at different voices)
Colin Ferrel
Gary Oldman
Anthony Hopkins

Anonymous said...

How about a really bad accent by a major actor who thinks he can act?

Kevin Costner as Robin Hood in Prince of Thieves – an English accent so bad that Men in Tights had a reference to it