CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

No Letter?

Ain't you got no paper?
Ain't you got no pen?
Ain't you got no envelope
To put my letter in?

Is you lost my address?
And my letter, too?
Don't you know I'm 'bout to die
From lack of word from you?

Is you got writer's cramp?
Is you broke your arm?
Is you got rheumatism?
Or is you come to harm?

Ain't you got no thought of me
Feeling kinda blue.
Don't you know it's ages
Since I last heard from you?

-author unknown

2 musings:

Tricia Keierleber said...

AWW this chokes me up a bit. I haven;t heard from my Pappou in Greece since last July. I usually get a hand written letter monthly from him. I have been sad and worried about him. I feel like my heart wrote this poem! :)

PiningForTheFjords said...

Where did you find that? It could have been written by a soldier in Iraq or Afghanistan.