CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Looking into the archives.../completed goals

So, because people liked my poem it seems, I thought I'd give y'all a couple more. These I don't consider to be as good (I wrote them a long time ago) but I think they're nice.

Stars in the Heavens

Look into a clear sky and what do you see?
Stars like diamonds twinkling in the midnight sea,
When one shoots by, you must look fast for when
You turn around it will be gone again.

*~*

Sunset

God sets up his canvas,
And his colors He picks carefully,
Wanting to show His glory must be
Planned properly.

He takes up his paintbrush,
And dips it in deep red.
He brushes it over part of the sky
And His beauty is aptly fed.

He adds more colors,
Orange, maybe yellow,
Because His eye is always perfect,
None of them are ever mellow

When He looks back at His work,
He sighs contentedly,
And says, “I think that should give
Them a good example of my glory.”

~*~

Singing Psalm 95

Sing for joy to the Lord!
Shouting joyfully to the rock of our salvation,
With a joyful heart and dedication,

Sing for joy to the Lord!
Coming before His presence with thanksgiving,
To Him, we sing Psalms and from Him, we find forgiving.

Sing for joy to the Lord!
He is a great God where we find our peace,
He is the Great King over all other gods that our thought to them must cease.

Sing for joy to the Lord!
His hand is in the Earth, and His breath upon the air,
The mountains are His, and because of Him, they are fair.

Sing for joy to the Lord!
For He is the one who formed the seas,
And the land, His hands brought forth, and that it is good, He sees.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

99: I've left my Phantom graphic up for more than a week now, and because I'm feeling lazy, it'll stay for awhile, ha ha.

21: I watched the old black and white version of And Then There Were None the other day, and I will do the review right after this post.

2 musings:

Tricia Keierleber said...

Great poetry! That's cool, us great minds think alike! ;)

PiningForTheFjords said...

I think I've said this before, but...where did you get your creative talent!?