CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Ghost of the Past

I wasn't going to put this on my blog, but Mom read it last night and said it was good.

As I step into the house, I feel a sense of loss.
Though no one seems to see it, they don’t even know the cause.
They go about their business as if you never left,
They go about their business as I try to forget.

As the time wears on, the feeling seems to come back.
Vainly I try to ignore it; I try to keep it back.
But a voice nags at me and says, “Why are you here?
You say you’re trying to forget, but this place brings him near.”

I realize that the voice is right, and as I look around
Images of the past seem to appear and flutter down.
I numbly watch as scenes of our most joyful times unwind,
I watch the scenes as madness seems to creep into my mind.

At first, weak and resigned to my fate,
I let it in thinking it’s too late.
But then I close my eyes in prayer,
A prayer for my unleashed despair.

God sees and hears, and soon I know,
Though it may be long, though time seems slow,
I can trust in God’s perfect plan.
I know someday I’ll see you again.

~by Lady Brainsample

3 musings:

Tricia Keierleber said...

awesome! thank you for sharing! :)

PiningForTheFjords said...

I don't know how you come up with this stuff. Your talent certainly did not come from me.

soap. said...

That was great. :] yeap i think your mom was right you should have posted it.