CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, August 16, 2008

101 in 1001

EDIT 12/28/08: I can't make up my mind ever what my goals are, so don't be surprised if you see one that wasn't previously there.

In other news, I think I'm going to do the 101 in 1001 days, I got this from my friend Tricia, who got it from another friend, so I'm guessing it's one of those internet things that gets passed around. Basically, one thinks of 101 goals whether big or small to fulfill within the next 1001 days, which is around 2.75 years. Some may happen, some may not, but it also gives material for blog posts. By my calculations, I have until May 14, 2011.
So...here I go to try to make a list. Completed tasks are in purple, in process tasks are in italics.
1. Make the list
2. Memorize the elvish beginning of Lothlorien
3. stretch every day to keep my splits
4. Write more EJC scripts
5. Go to the Renasseince (not looking it up right now....) festival
6. Audition for at least 2 theater productions (2/2)
7. Spend MORE time in prayer than I do now every day
8. Watch the old (good!) Original Series Star Trek movies. (Wrath of Khan, Search for Spock, Voyage Home.)
9. See Phantom of the Opera live
10. See Spamalot again (whether it be on Broadway or on tour here)
11. Wear my wig
12. Read all of the books of the Bible I've never read
13. Go camping again
14. When camping, if with Princess Geo recreate the pic of our moms camping
15. Start writing more poetry16. Do more hair experimentation
17. Read something by G.K. Chesterton
18. See Les Miserables
19. See Highlander (there shoulda been only one!)
20. Finish all of the books on my unread shelf that have been sitting there for ages

Ok, this is hard! I'm going to come back to it later.....

**a few hours later**

21. Watch 25 classic movies (25/25)
22. Hold off dyeing my hair again till after summer
23. Film some Monty Python sketches (our versions of course...)
24. Work tech on at least one play
25. Apply to junior college
26. Run a half marathon
27. Have the Official EJC convention
28. Get Season 5 of Lost when it's out
29. Find a suitable event for wearing my five dollar dress
30. Finish Ender's Game series
31. Start side business with friend32. Wear funky socks more often
33. Wear my cape more often
34. Memorize ten useful things to say in Elvish (3/10)
35. Give a gift to someone for no particular reason
36. Read something by George MacDonald
37. Donate to a Pregnancy Resource center
38. Read the books I'm borrowing from Erustan (they're piling up....)
39. Update my resume
40. Ask Mimi to take a new headshot of me


I'm taking another break......

***still hours later***

41. Attempt to dye the tips of my hair
42. Have a Willy Wonka/Charlie and the Chocolate factory marathon
43. Get through Level 1 of German on Rosetta Stone
44. Have the official EJC convention
45. Visit each of my friends up north (if not up there, then get them to come down here) (1/2)
46. Watch past seasons of NCIS
47. Get up on a slalom at the Lake (waterskiing)
48. Watch all of Animaniacs in order
49. Re-read Jane Eyre
50. Visit my friend in San Antonio
51. Get a good score on the PSAT
52. Get a good score on the SAT
53. Get good scores on whatever other tests Dad wants me to take
54. Get my driver's license
Gee, this is hard! I'm coming back to it tomorrow......

****the next day****

55. See Hamlet
56. Read Much Ado About Nothing
57. See the movie Much Ado About Nothing
58. Read A Midsummer Night's Dream
59. Watch Chariots of Fire
60. Start voice lessons
61. Eat some Baked Lays
62. Memorize to-be-determined passage of the Bible
63. Memorize to-be-determined passage of the Bible
64. Memorize to-be-determined Psalm
65. Memorize to-be-determined Psalm
66. Get my family to play Clue with me
67. Play competitive solitaire with Grandpa
68. Look for better audio editing software for short films
69. Pay my library fine

70. Finish LotR on audiobook
71. Make some good short films
72. Pay off my computer
73. Make my five dollar dress wearable
74. Come up with a new alias that I like (I've never been able to beat Lady Natasha E. Brainsample of the planet Skyron....ever)
75. Transfer all EJC Productions videos to digital
76. When I get a laptop, transfer everything
77. Read Mere Christianity
78. Buy some new geeky t-shirts
79. Finish memorizing the Raven by Edgar Allen Poe
80. Visit the Geopalooza exhibit at the museum
81. Get a solo part in a musical
82. Improve my precision with Mom's Glock
83. Write a short story that I think is worthwhile
84. Watch Annie/My Fair Lady to prepare for the auditions

Stupid list!!! It's going to take me 1001 days just to make the list!!! ARG!!!!

85. Find a new plaid skirt
86. Find a new black skirt
87. Get Season 4 of Lost when it's out

88. Apply for a real job
89. Trim down my Netflix list
90. Watch some old animated movies I haven't seen in ages
91. Learn something on the piano I can accompany myself with
92. Listen to Phantom of the Opera on audiobook
93. Read Three Men in a Boat
94. Listen to the Screwtape Letters on audiobook
95. Find some new audition monologues
96. Finish watching my Flying Circus dvds
97. Read something by Ted Dekker
98. Finish my Ideal Husband document
99. Go for a week without changing my header graphic (sorry, couldn't think of anything else)
100. Whack off hair
101. Blog about the interesting stuff on the list

PS Mom and I ate some Baked Lays while we were trying to come up with stuff, so I get to cross that off!!! YAY.
PPS Classic Movies watched:
1. And Then There Were None~1945
2. Chinatown
3. Around the World in 80 Days
4. Thomas Crown Affair, The
5. Raiders of the Lost Ark
6. 42nd Street
7. Fiddler on the Roof
8. Breakfast At Tiffany's
9. Singin' In the Rain
10. Footlight Parade
11. Casablanca
12. Monty Python and the Holy Grail
13. The Pink Panther
14. Rear Window
15. To Catch a Thief
16. The Great Race
17. My Fair Lady
18. The Sound of Music
19. The Princess Bride (I don't care what anyone else says, it's a classic)
20. Psycho
21. Ferris Bueller's Day Off
22. The Breakfast Club
23. Star Wars
24. Empire Strikes Back
25. Return of the Jedi

8 musings:

Erin said...

Wow...you go girl. :)

Tricia Keierleber said...

here's a thought for another goal... why not visit a Christian counseling center to see if that is where God is leading you and possibly try to get an internship or something? Maybe, if not no big I just know that is where you feel God might be calling you! :)

Hey, you seemed a little down today, is everything ok? :)

Tricia Keierleber said...

you really think it was good? thanks! like I said, I have never really been poetic... this is my first real poem ever written, (ignoring the silly ones from grade school) :) I tried to get PKs opinion, but he just said it was good. I was like, good good, great, or its "good" cause u have to say that cause im your wife? BOYS, they need to go more in depth... well he usually has no prob doing that... except when i want his opinion. :)

heres the site:

http://triplux.com/dayzero/default.asp?view=masterlist

Tricia Keierleber said...

i like your new ones... i have much ado, well have to watch it together! i ♥ Shakespeare! :)

Hang in there! Remember, it took me like 4 days to write mine! :)

hey and i just realized... if your mom wants to see my blog send me her email! :) i know she has commented a few times! :)

last time to comment here today i promise! :)

Tricia Keierleber said...

sorry i lied... what about #99 make a new list right before this one is completed for the following 1001 days! :)

Lady Brainsample said...

I would put that except that I'm not sure I'd be able to think of 101 more things! This is hard enough, ha ha.

Tricia Keierleber said...

lol well i'm glad you finished your list! :)

PiningForTheFjords said...

Here's my 1 in 1:
1. Not make a list of 101 in 1001

There. My list is complete, and I've done everything on it.