CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Thoughts....

Last night I went to a community theater production of the Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. It was very good, however they used the same script I did from about a year ago, so I knew all the lines!
That's not the point....their production was excellent, but what caught my eye was their listings of next season's shows and under each show they had dates for auditions! The first plays of the season I wouldn't be able to do because of dance scheduling, but in the summer, they have open auditions for Annie and My Fair Lady. The wheels were turning in my head as well as my grandma's, so I found someone to talk to after the performance. They welcome all performers, not just the ones from the surrounding town. In addition, this community theater happens to be closer to home than the company I've been doing classes with in the city. Another thing is that I would have a better chance at getting good parts because this theater isn't in the middle of a large city!
I talked to Mom about it, and she liked the idea! I'm thinking about reducing the amount of ballet I do next year as well because A. It'll be less stressful and B. I'll have more time free for shows I may audition for. By no means would I quit ballet entirely, but I would probably not take at my current school because they require lots of classes for the level I'm at.
Soo, those are my thoughts. I have time to think over them because the next audition my schedule would allow will be next May. Who knows? I might make Mrs Hannigan! That would be fun!

3 musings:

Erin said...

Ooh, upcoming auditions are always so exciting to think about.

Tricia Keierleber said...

thats exciting! I was Lily St Regis in middle school! :)

PiningForTheFjords said...

I'm behind you 100%. You always make me proud.