CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, August 25, 2008

And Then There Were None~1945 version


I have to say, I think they did a great job. As I've ranted before, films these days (for the most part) do not have the same quality that they did back then, and this movie confirms that. The story is perfectly executed, the characters were human, and the mystery was chilling.
As with the book, ten people are brought to Indian Island by a U.N. Owen, but they are accused of murders that cannot be proven. As the story progresses, each of the members of the party are killed off in accordance with the Ten Little Indians rhyme.
Another reason I really liked this version was that it happened alot like I imagined it when reading it.
And for those who have read the book: the ending is different, but I still liked it.

My review of the book
Classic movies reviewed: 1/50

1 musings:

PiningForTheFjords said...

It was excellent. I still like the ending in the book better, but I guess for a movie the change was OK.